Saturday, August 18, 2012

falling assleep behind the wheel of my BMW

Not every day you get what you want. That happens so you know what you want and so you know when you have it. The reason I can shoot photographs is because I pay attention to people. I do it to make them happy in that moment. I think about things they don't. I think about what's going to happen to that photo tomorrow and the day after that. It makes my heart spin thinking about the way the future is coming on. It's nice to know that I'm paving the way. Throwing light on people. I'm having so much fun. I do this thing with the camera and it's mine. It's a culmination of everything I've learned over the years and the way people react to the work. When someone smiles after you show them their reflection, when they weren't expecting to see something they might actually find acceptable, it causes me to keep working. Getting a laugh or a cheer out of a crowd is one of the most powerful events that can happen. People laugh and smile for split seconds and then they go back to being normal. I live to elevate people, even if it is only for a second.
Not everyone can be brought up above normal because some folk find themselves lower then normal. Most people are on neutral ground but some are lower then most, I guess just like some are higher. There is a balance here on earth. Finding it isn't easy when all you have is a planet spinning around the sun to find yourself in. The power of nature created us. Humans are in their infancy and we're about to fall over. I think that's natural. Not everything survives. In the big picture we could have a better story to tell but I guess that depends on the human race as a whole. We're driving mother nature, the planet is like our car. What global culture that we know of is good at nurturing vehicle maintenance..... I think most of us have the same answer there. Whenever someone thinks they can drive the car good, they fail....

No comments: