Saturday, May 30, 2009

www.plentyoffish.com

Last night was what's now becoming a typical slow night. Everything was slow. I drove a bachelor party of Polacks. You Guys know them Poles. It was actually a pleasure. I ended up on the North side. After dropping them off I got a call to the Evergreen Mobile home estate. Wow. What a maze. Trailer parks are cities, they are massive. So I call up the residence I'm trying to get at. A man answers he says "I'm not from here you're coming to pick me up, please hurry!" then he handed the phone to some woman who sounded three quarters cut and angry. The directions she gave were awful, nothing she said made sense. She yelled at me and called me names. Then another man came on the phone, her father I guess, he tried to explain to me the ins and out of the trailer estate. Still nothing he said made sense. He was surely drinking by the sound of his nasty man voice. Then last but not least the mean woman's mother came on she was drunk and stupid too. Then all of a sudden I saw some guy running at me at a hundred miles an hour. "You Joe?" I asked. The man jumped in the front and screamed "PLEASE get me the fuck out of here." I thanked whoever was on the phone and hung up. The man told me he had met a woman online. He said she asked him to come over to have a BBQ and some beers with her parents. When he showed up with a two four of beer he quickly realized that there wasn't going to be a BBQ but the whole family was going to partake in the drinking of the beer. I asked him "was the women good looking?" He smiled and said "shit yeah!, I wanted her so bad until I realized that after chugging ten beer she became a sour cunt." He took a breath and said "I had to get out of there. I'm never trying to hook up on the Internet." What's funny about that story is I got a phone call from a strange number this morning. When I answered a woman with a mean voice said "You're the cabby from last night?" I was still in my bed in a sleepy daze. I said "Sorry I work the night shift." Then the voice on the other end asked me "got any money?" I hung up. I realized looking back at the number I dialed in that trailer park it was the sour cunt. Things are slow. I pulled up to one of my buddies that drives taxi. Big black dude. He is beyond cool and he always gives me Tim bits of wisdom. He's been driving for almost 20 years. Well as I was pulling up he jumped out of his car and threw a shoe that was on the ground in front of his car across the street. Some weird looking native guy in short shorts ran to go get his shoe. The driver told me that the guy has been bothering him. He said "tonight Ive had nothing but trouble, I drove a guy to that hotel on 215st, he paid me than looked me in the eye and said "Hows life Nigger?" I told him to leave because he already paid me. The guy just sat behind the partition and kept rambling insults at me. So I turned the car off and stepped out." This driver is totally a big black dude. Intimidating. "Well the fare ran away" he said. "Then when I tried to start my car the battery took a shit, I was stuck on 215st and the fucking bastard fare kept running around saying "go away I paid you." Rough night." Then he looked at the native guy getting his shoes and said "Now this." I looked at the concrete and asked "how did he loose his shoes?" The other driver looked at me and said "he was trying to kick the car, I again got out and smacked him upside the head. He ran so fast his shoe fell of." We both had a laugh as we watched the native guy who looked like a male prostitute come back for more. We looked at each other and just drove off simultaneously. No one wants any real trouble other then the Gay native asking for it on Stony Plain Road. I'm sure that guy got hurt by someone last night.

9 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh yeah gotta watch out for the crazies on those internet dating sites. I am on POF but to hell I would ever go to someones house or have them over to mine without knowing them first.

Hit 40 said...

Internet dating to snag free beer!!! This is a new one.

And your black friend being picked one... just not nice!!

Anonymous said...

All the trailer parks around here are difficult to get around in, but most of them have a big road map sign at the entrance. FYI

Bum Atom said...

I know the one on winterburn road well but Evergreen is way out of my jurisdiction, North side. I couldn't find the map and it's usually easier to speak to the people living there, it is their address, but I guess I can be wrong

MauritaMason said...

It took MONTHS before I realized an ad for the site in your title was plenty-of-fish and not plenty-offish.

You lead a very interesting life.

Anonymous said...

taxi talk,i think you have absolutley no life, and spending your time on the computer writing about how many times you wiped your ass that day proves it. No one wants to fucking hear this.

Anonymous said...

obviously you do, or you wouldn't have read it/commented in it.

Anonymous said...

err, or 'on' it...

Punch said...

Ahh yes, the family that plays together stays together.

The Anonymous twins seems to have a thing for you.