Friday, May 29, 2009

The pills don't mix well with booze

The night started at around 8:00 pm. I checked the oil and did my walk around. The car was fine. I got in and started it. As the engine ran to life I realized my day driver had left the gas tank at a quarter tank. About 20$ worth of gas. "Fuck" I shouted. We've been having a gas war, me and the day driver. I was thinking at this point that I'm gonna leave him an empty tank. Just then as that thought was entering my thick skull my car's owner pulled up. He told me "Don't driver that car it's been in an accident." I looked at him and said "really? I looked. Where?" He pointed to the back bumper. I got out and looked and saw nothing. The car didn't even have a scratch NOTHING. I took a closer look and laughed. My boss told me that he was here watching. Some thugs been smashing car windshields for the last couple months. My boss caught em. Some kids coming from a house up the street. Even had a shoe print for the police. A couple of the thugs were squatting in the abandoned cars too. Tinted windows?? Well my boss was watching over the place waiting in the morning for the police and he walks up 158st and sees 93, my car. The day driver is sitting in the front seat about to make a left but he wasn't moving. My boss says " I guess he was lightly hit, there's no damage but he's claiming an injury." I slapped my head. My day driver is Middle Eastern. Then the owner threw me a set of key's to a new car. As I sat down I felt different. It was a Crown Vic like every other, but she was equipped with a shield. Oh my God! A fucking shield. I felt like I was kicked in my taxi face. A plastic cage with a tiny window. The Vehicle for hire commission has locked me up. Jail. When I try to talk to the people it echoed. Weird. You can't hear people. That's the worst. You can't tell if they're whispering. That's scary. I knew I relied on hearing the bastards in the back seat. The shield makes driving scarier. The people in the back are enticed to go crazy because of it. Well it hasn't caused any problems so far, other then the hearing issue. But the shield is kinda like wearing a condom for me at least. I lost a lot of the sensation of the voyage with the person. The wall between us ensures that there will never be any real connection. Who cares? Anyway I drove Bryan Birtles a local reporter. He encouraged me to write the Vehicle for hire Commission and present them with a speech about my issues. I'm going to do it but I've never written a speech and don't really understand the format. Does anyone out there know? Help me. I fucking need help. There is so many issues. My first fare tonight was a schizophrenic. Off the Meds, heavy duty! The first thing he said to me was "Do you ever feel surreal, like you're in a fantasy?" I asked him "Can you see me? I'm your cabby. I don't feel surreal and man this shit here isn't like I'm in a fantasy." He laughed and we drove to the Liquor store. He was tripping. Manic hard core. Nice guy. Gave me a fat tip. I said "Jerry I don't want your money if your off your meds." He said "take it, it comes out of the walls." Then I said "Jerry before you crack your beers pop one of those pills. I don't want to see you running around naked or something." Then I said "Jerry they'll lock you up, I know." Jerry got out and right as I was about to pull away he leaned into the open window and asked "do you want to come in for a beer." I said "Yes, but I can't." Then I gave Jerry the URL to my blog and my phone number just in case he wanted a ride ever again.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't need to write a speech, you need to write a persuasive letter. I teach that. I can help you.

Anonymous said...

Racist. What does being Middle Eastern have to do with anything.

Also, whoever is teaching him to write a persuasive letter should teach him grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Bum Atom said...

I don't know? what does it have to do with anything Racist?
My parent are from the beginning of the west of Europe. What does that mean? Oh and by the way my day driver is Afghan and to tell you the truth he has a tendency to steal I've seen him do it, I think I wrote a post about it, windshield washer fluid remember. Read my thoughts you dirt thug girl. Well anyway I can't wait to pick you up soon. Good luck to you. Anonymous one I'll take your offer of help, we can bash anonymous2 blog while we're at it. ThetheemptyladyfromGrantMacandhernon existentblog.com. I'm joking anonymous 2 I heard you're really nice looking is that true? Stay safe

Anonymous said...

Now that was hilarious. Can't believe some people go looking for controversy where there really is none. Great way to spend your time.

Anonymous said...

Why does this always turn into a circle jerk?

Anonymous said...

I heard you're a deadbeat father, is that true?

Bum Atom said...

No

Nikimby said...

Not that I want to waste my time being part of this immature comment battle, but......

I'm pretty confident in saying that the blogger is not a racist, creeper or a deadbeat father.He is actually a great father.A really shitty boyfriend, but a great dad.The comment made about him being a deadbeat father was obviously made by someone who is a little bitter, but I would appreciate it if all of you would grow up and keep my son out of this bullshit.

Secondly, I think that your Shyla comment is a little much Bartosz. Despite the fact that we are no longer friends I can assure you that she would not waste her time with shit like this. You guys should probably find someone other than Shyla to accuse every time someone makes a crappy comment about the blogger.

Although there are many people who enjoy, support or appreciate the blogger, I'm sure he has also made an enemy or two along the way. If you are going to put yourself out there for public scrutiny you should probably prepare yourself for both the good and the bad.

I do think that the "Anonymous" leaving all of the lame comments is a bit of a douche bag and lacks heavily in the wit department.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, i think you feel a little sympathetic for taxi talk here because his life is spent by the computer, and obviously, so is yours. So do yourself a favour, stop standing up for the kid and get yourself a life, mmkay??

Anonymous said...

Shitty boyfriend?? Now there's something I'll have to respectfully disagree with. (respectfully of course, because of who you are). It's too bad, because he usually has nothing but nice things to say about you. =)

As for all the other nasty, negative comments, why don't you all try judging the blogger on his character and compassion, or at the very least the honesty and intrigue of the blog (c'mon, it's why we all come here, isn't it??) instead of spewing toxic waste and attacking him personally. (But I'm sure it's more of a reflection of how you feel about yourselves and your own lives than anything else, which is probably why he never takes it personally).

Nikimby said...

Anonymous,

I'm happy that the "blogger" has found somebody new to defend him and get involved in his battles. That means I can officially resign....sigh of relief.

Enjoy.

K.

Anonymous said...

K,

Gosh, you make him sound pretty high maintenance! Then again, aren't they ALL? (Makes me wonder if it's even worth it sometimes). I guess time will tell....

Be well.

K.

Unknown said...

Living and working in Lethbridge I have found that there is a high level of racism towards the Native population.

Being so close to the Indian Blood Reserve there are always Native women working the streets (prostitutes) and drunk Native men wondering around downtown at all hours of the day.

I am saddened to say that most natives living or "working" in downtown Lethbridge are addicted to some sort of illegal drug, mostly crack cocaine.

Since we are on the topic of racism I am unsure how to react when someone gets into my taxi, usually from a larger city such as Calgary and says "Your fucking white, holy shit, I've never had a white cabby before, and your young, how old are you"?

The other night I had a man that tipped me $19 on a $16 fare because I was white and he told me "you are my lucky charm". It was strange.

On January 1st of this year I was struck in the face by a Native man who awoke after passing out in the back seat. The first thing he said after punching me was "cuz your white".

Many people believe that because we live in Canada, within such a multicultural society, that there is little racism.... WELL THERE IS PLENTY

There is far too much racism where I live and even less people that give a shit about it.

If I can help you at all with your speach I would be happy to.