Friday, May 8, 2009

Leon of the Okanagan

Last night started with a fare from downtown to Steel Wheelz. Three kids stocking up on treats to eat after they indulge in a bit of a blunt. I got 20$. First fare made my night look promising. They weren't going to be knocking any one up. Then a personal call. Cause I'm on call. An old client. I need her. Shes a charmer. Then I drove a couple of drunk guys, one of them was an Oiler. No Joke. Dough Kicklac or something. The guy in the front seat sold pasta sauce. You know Ragoo or something. He said his sauce is the good stuff. For that 30$ pasta. Told me bout growing up in the west end. Kings of that hood. Booting around in the good old Camaro kicking ass. McFearless's. I'm lucky I got them. They paid for gas. There was nowhere to stop. All stands were full. Top light s On, the black thumbnail of life. I drove by a club that had a dude being arrested in front of it. I backed myself right in there thinking it might attract a fare. Nothing. a good show though. Then I drove a dude named Kim. He asked me for crack. I asked him if a driver has ever hooked him up with a piece. He said "Yes." I doubted it. He was a gross guy. As we were pulling up to the ATB he touched my arm and said "don't worry I'm not the runner." I told him "hurry up." His hands were dead cold. You people aren't fans of cold hands are you? My last fare was a woman that was loitering around the Petro-Can I fill up at. People who loiter usually want something. She wanted a ride three blocks away. On the way there she told me the Sheriff kicked her out of this house at 7am. She's going back to break and enter. I could tell she was a fresh user. I asked if she was using hard or soft. "Hard" I yelled before she could answer."I'm a nurse" she told me. I told her to get off the crack. Man a couple of weeks on that stuff and your done. You end up in someones trunk. For some people it's the true love way. For me, my way, I'd live in Arizona or New Mexico and I'd have a half pipe in the desert. It would be my party. I'm moving to Canadas California soon.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Ahh I love the OK I think it's my favorite vacation spot. So beautiful and love all the fruit.

Really enjoying reading your blog...

Bum Atom said...

Really, Thank you
I've been, working on being more creative, the ok is to perfect

Hit 40 said...

Oh... I bet he has got some crack from a cabbie. Maybe, the unlicensed one who is always grabbing your fares.

free art is good art said...

your blog is awesome, i have been reading it from the beginning to now...i skipped ahead from january to see if you were updating it regularly though since i've been reading it from the back forward since we last visited edmonton about 3 weeks ago when i heard about it from a dude at a bbq.
(how's that for a run-on sentence)
we moved from edmonton to kelowna 1.5 years ago and it's fucking beautiful.

i still really miss edmonton, but the beach is really nice...

riley

Unknown said...

How do you do it every night? I would be so uncomfortable with some of these people.

CuriousAboutLife said...

Moving to the OK? Very cool :)