Saturday, May 16, 2009

Water log 436km

Last night was interesting. For the first time in a long time I had a fare that was vision impaired. She was an older women, but still a spry cat. She had the white cane. When I asked where she was going she said the name of a prominent strip club. I was in shock. I asked " what you gonna be doing there?" kinda surprised. She turned to me and said "My son owns the club and I'm looking after it while he's away on vacation." A blind woman looking after a dance club full of naked ladies. Cool! She was one of my fist fares. What made the night a little more interesting was the fare right after the woman with the cane, she was a women with a seeing eye dog. What are the chances? Two in a row. The dog was so sweet. He put his face up through the gap in the front seats and I petted his Golden Labrador face. Then the blind woman in the back seat scolded me a bite and said "you shouldn't touch the dogs when their wearing a harness." I apologized for touching her companion. There was money to be made last night. People were scarce though, long weekends have become really chill in the city. Lots of people leave so night time drunken traffic seemed down. Not that I didn't see any assholes on the road. There were a few accidents that I notice involving a head through a windshield. There was this one car I drove by last night. I was with a fare, the car was parked across the road. On the hill right underneath the Shaw Conference Center. Well as the fare and I passed the car we realized that someone was sleeping in the drivers side seat. Just passed out. I asked the fare if they minded if I stepped out on the road to take a photo of the rottenness. They were totally in. As I approached the car another man was also coming up the hill toward the car. He asked me "Who are you?" I said "the taxi driver" then proceeded to take a photo. I was able to snap one off of the situation before the guy told me "stop." He was dressed in plain cloths "I'm a cop with the EPS, go back to your car and leave this to me." He looked like a civilian but talked like a pig. I walked back to my car yelling " fuck, you have your work cut out for you guys and by the looks of things you're not doing the best job." I jumped back in the taxi and drove off to the North Side.

3 comments:

mattyfu said...

Clearly another peanut allergy related traffic incident...

Hipster Designer said...

I'm not sure that guy is a cop... look at his shoes... Undercover cops wear sneakers or those cool ultralight cop shoes.... not also specials... plus, does it look like he's wearing a bullet proof vest?

I dunno.. I'm just not sure. Maybe you should ask EPS if their officers have a habit of announcing themselves as "Undercover" or "plainclothes"

It stinks

Anonymous said...

that dude is way too fucking hot to be a cop!