Saturday, March 29, 2008

Imagine Your Favorite Guitar Lick...1.2.3.4.

The best thing ever is driving fast on a highway to hell. hhaha. Yeah that's cool but when you're a dad the next best thing is driving on a highway listening to Jimmy Hendrix alone. Ever done it? Wow it gets me every time, and then a SuperTramp song comes on and you take the long way home. I bet you guys thought I was only happy when I'm drunk. Tonight there was many marvelous people and more then a few crack head whores and pimps, I love them all. I got a crazy perspective on my man the mother of nature, lucky me. My second last fare was a strange one. There was this women at the 711, an old Indian women. She gets in and tells me a name of a neighbourhood, "Callingwood." I start making my way there. I ask her the usual, "where you from? where did you go? Why are you stranded on Stony Plain road alone at 4pm?" She gives me the same old answers "The reserve, I was at the Ramada, my friends ditched me and now I'm lost." Anyone if you come to the big city remember your address or else. Anyway she started to talk to me in a drunken haze, she told me that she came to Edmonton to drown herself. I asked if she meant drink a shit load of booze, but she said "no". She said she had two kids her baby boy is going to be 18 in a month. She said that his 18th is the golden birth day. Then she told me that her daughter would have been 28 but she committed suicide ten years ago. The women also told me that she went out with her 18 and 17 year old nieces but they ditched her cause her 50 some year old ass wouldn't smoke crack with them at the Ramada inn. She was kind of a sad fare. I was going to be really stern with her because she didn't know the address but her stories were able to soften my mean cabby heart. She paid me and even asked for the 40 cents change, she said she needed it, I believed her. Then she left and I picked up a dude on his way to the airport. I dropped him off and as he was walking to the entrance to the airport I realized that Native women that I drove earlier had urinated all over the front seat. That's why she was so settled, I get a sad story and she pissed all over my passenger side seat. What's the moral?

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Sorry, he's all mine, for now anyways.
He's actually having eye problems today, I possibly stabbed him in the face with one of my claws while we were sleeping, if you've seen my nails you know.
So maybe we will need a ride to the bar tonight.
Or maybe he won't want to go and I'll need you myself.
Can't really be sure but I had hoped to get one more ride before you went back to school and I didn't see you anymore.
Once you're settled in classes you really must come to New City with us some time.

Anonymous said...

that's disgusting. i would've gone back and looked for her, make her pay for the cleaning of the seat.

Bum Atom said...

the seat don't get cleaned, the pee just dries up into nothing, and on I go, The seats in taxi see many dirty dirty things

roentare said...

Your blog is definitely unique and your writing is so genuine. It would be great to accompany picture with each post. I would love it even better!

roentare said...

BTW I use pentax and canon gear. All the best to your camera gear. Nikon is very capable for sure