Sunday, July 3, 2011

she was happy he had money

"You know just because you've lived in the east doesn't mean you know anything more about the world then I do!" she exclaimed exuberantly. He was flabbergasted, "you think you can understand a culture without actually living in it" he asked quietly. He understood her. She was young and full of books, blond and wearing high heels. He wanted to see her happy. She was younger then him, and he came from what she called the east."When I lived with my people, we used to think about America and we thought that there," he stopped and scratched his head. " We thought that, here" he pointed to his surroundings, "we wouldn't have to be worked by others. Then when I got here I realized that everyone wants you to work for them. I was no good at working for others back home, and I knew I wasn't going to have any success working for anyone here, so I started to tell people to do things for me here. And they did. Because here" he said again pointing out in front of him, "this is where people never learn, where they have no idea how good they got it." She laughed and turned away, then turned back and said "you mean, people here don't even know what they have because they've never be relinquished of it?" He stood there and had a think, then said "People here are told the truth, I tell them my truth." He looked happy she thought to herself. "Do you think I'm an idiot" she asked sincerely. He could see his reflection in one of her eyes, "Yes" he answered, then she laughed and knelt down in front of him. 

No comments: