Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm loosing it, MY MIND

Our day is not what it used to be. The season change quickly here. The nights are getting longer and colder. Remember when you were a kid and you realized the sun stays out late in the summer. I remember the instant it happened to me. Today I drove someone that told me a childhood friend of mine past away. I drove a person that knows everyone I grew up with and moved away from, this guy knows them now. You think about stuff when you remember the past. Tonight was almost a good night. It's funny how it happens, how sometimes things work out in you favor. You drop someone off at a house where someone else needs a ride. I call that a "Bingo" and lately scoring any money is like a prize. God knows that if I did this job for the money, I would've split in January. Schools coming. September is almost here. I'm still waiting to find out about my student loans. Fuck I'm off topic. K. tonight was a great night to drink and drive. It was intense, impaired driving at the max. I saw several serious collisions. I took no pictures, and I ignored every drunk son of a bitch I saw. The nights are getting chilly already, I had great summer, my body is tanned from head to toe. A fare of mine, an army guy, young, is going to Afghanistan. Such a cool Kat. Unique. He told people in training camp about me and my blog. Totally a strait edge, cool guy. He's my friend and he's going to War. I'll see him soon. I also drove this little guy, called himself a midget, Davy. He wasn't a midget, he withdrew 500$ from the Scotia Bank to smoke crack all night in the South Bend Motel on Calgary Trail. The worst part about it was that it was his wife that drove him to it by trying to prevent him from indulging. Angry little fellow, bald a and punchy. There were also these musicians, a couple guitar players and a girl from the band great lake swimmers they were really cool. I think their band is bigger then I realized. Their Folk style. Deep. I think I drove most of the band. One of them even gave me a pick. Watch you guys I'm gonna rip it up like nobodies business, thanks great lake swimmers.

Great Lake Swimmers - Stealing Tomorrow (Legion Sessions) from nettwerkmusic on Vimeo.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I lost my virginity in your car last night.

Anonymous said...

wow congrats, that sounds really special! losing it in the back of a dirty cab. must make you feel like you're really worth something!

Bum Atom said...

I think that whoever wrote that meant some sort of theoretical virginity, right? cause I'm sure no one did anything dirty in my cab last night. Fuck I' can't remember!

Anonymous said...

I hope people aren't basing self worth on where they lost their virginity.

Anonymous said...

maybe not self worth, but self respect? hellya!

Sandy. said...

I think it was Anal Virginity. Like the Brown Card.

Victoria Von Swarovski said...

Keep driving.
I will keep overpaying.
God damn taxis I've had to take lately are BULLSHIT.
If you quit you better give me all your taxi friends' numbers.
I am sooo tired of drivers trying to pick me up aghhhh.
Seriously I miss you.
And that day I called and you were busy I feel so bad for the guy who had to pick up a bunch of us totally out of control smashed but I was so mad he wasnt you I tipped like $2.
Next weekend be waiting for ma call!

Anonymous said...

yah, well, if MORE people took cabs and overpaid, instead of drinking and driving, then maybe he wouldn't have to quit....

Anonymous said...

Having a driver that doesn't hit on you or try to assault you is always a bonus that's for sure!