Monday, August 10, 2009

Blah blah blah

Tonight's done, finished, I'm moving on with my life. I washed the car tonight at 107 and 107, I was with two friends. Sandy was one of them, we did some photo shooting. Kinda crusified myself on the cab. Cool shots. I worked for several hours tonight, and even thought there was a folk fest there were no calls. It was my last night and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to pay for gas. I got two calls, two eight dollar fares. One of them was a couple of girls that worked at Luck 13, a local night club. I asked them if they knew what a blog was, they both said "no". Then I asked them if they could read they both said "no." But there were hot, so I'm sure they'll do fine in the future. So I'm no longer a cabby. I gave myself up tonight. I hung myself out. I gave my boss back the keys to my car, a piece of my life. Fuck, I wonder how I'm going to do in the ordinairy world. I'm going to keep this bastard blog updated and I plan on starting a new one soon. I love writing, even though I'm sloppy. So the rat race, what's that like? Is there more money out there? Are you allowed to do whatever you want, like hold your hand in the wind and sing your favorite song on the radio as loud you can, whenever you want? Is there freedom out there in average land? I know there is. The best is yet to come, but I can't help feeling sad about leaving a job I adored. I fucking loved this job even when it became an expensive hobby. This is it though, for now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

May i say, on behalf of all your fares (well those of us that can read, anyway), that it was a privilege to ride in your cab. Yes, as Ingrid said, the best IS yet to come, and YES, you ARE allowed to hold your hand out the window and sing your favorite song, as loud as you want, whenever you want! (especially cheezy songs on tape, or better yet, your OWN songs!) You just keep rockin' baby!!

Victoria Von Swarovski said...

Saddest news of my whole week.
But hey...you could always come work with me.
You will be sorely missed.

tsghost said...

Hey there,

We met a long long time ago through your bro when you were a wee teen, having recently gotten back in touch with him I stumbled across some links to your blog on his blog(s). I must say that your writing is encapsulating, and reminds me so much of where I did a lot of growing up when I was a kid. I love your perspective of E-Town and the way you write.

I am sorry to hear you are having to hang up your keys for now, and hope that you find a job that doesn't suck. However, I am glad to hear that you will be continuing to write, you have the skills to write some very powerful articles, and already have. I own a small publishing company here in BC, we make magazines and other like publications. If your ever interested in compiling these stories I would love to help you in any way that I can.

All the best in the future!

T.S Ghost
Editor in Chief of ALT: Rock Culture and Lifestyle Magazine.

Anonymous said...

. . .

LOTS O BYDDS said...

As I said on facebook, Good luck in your future endeavors good sir.

We shall have to jam soon and stay in contact.

Anonymous said...

blah