Sunday, April 22, 2012

nervous twitch

"you feeling alright?" it was a stupid question. I knew the answer, we heard about the trouble earlier, together. "That message scared the shit out me!" It scared the shit out of both of us. "I'm scared you're going to leave us." It was a legitimate fear. I won't be able to take care of him with out the love to go around.
"I love you, don't you ever worry bout me leaving." We were together so long now.
"There really is no way that you could leave me, I got no way to remember my life without you, and I've had such a God Damn good one." Remembering the past was nice.
"that message is scary" we both agreed, as the little boy came, rubbing his eyes down the flight of stairs, his little check just hanging over the banister.
"Why aren't you in bed?" i asked, "It's way past nine, you're suppose to be in bed at eight!" He knew that.
"But I heard you guys talking!" his voice soft, young.
"What d'you here?" I wanted to know.
"Leave him alone, you know what he heard!" I did too, I just didn't want to ask him. It was horrible, I wasn't ready to know what was going on, why would he be. She knew how to tell him how it was going to be. "You're such a good little guy."

No comments: