Sunday, August 2, 2020

We never grow up

"The truth is I don't want to get in his way. He's almost an adult!"

"No he's not!" She answered him a stern voice! 

"Well he's old enough to make his own decisions!" He shouted back. 

"We supposedly so are you!" she said in a snarky tone. 

"Supposedly I'm what?" he asked

"An adult" she answered. 

"We are both adults" he said. 

A little boy sat, listening to the two of them at the top of the stairs. He was six years old and he was listening to his two parents fight about his 15 year old brother Bobbie. 

Bobbie was having issues at school, acting out, hanging with the wrong crowd. The little boy at the top of the stair case didn't really understand what was happing, but he knew his brother was in trouble.


"Mom" he yelled! 

"Ya" she answered! "What do you want?" 

"Mom,  I don't want to go to school tomorrow! " He exclaimed as he began his decent towards his parents.   "Can you make me an apple and some cheese" the boy asked. His mom just sighed and walked away toward the kitchen. 

"Daddy" he burst out,  "will you come outside with me to play?". "No" his father answered sternly, "I'm busy." - But the boy wasn't taking "no" for an answer! "Dad you said!! Yesterday! remember you said you were going to play catch with Bobbie and I." The Little boy looked very serious, he had his cutest face on. 

No comments: