Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Liquor spot" say it slow

Tonight consisted of personal fares. Almost all of the people I drove were personals. It was cold and the snow made things slippery. Tonight was tough to define. I have a distinct clientele that treats me very well. I do my best to take care of people. I've noticed that it comes back in the long run. Tonight I had a fare I drove a long time ago. I took care of the guy, he was in the military. I told him he could do what he wanted. He went to McDonald's.Tonight him and his friends made sure my trip was beyond worth it. Thank you. Then there was this dude who I drove to the Donair shop the other day, he was running so I told him to "Jump in." He was trying to make it to Dukes. He really wanted a Donair. Tonight he told me "even though I got a ride Duke had already put away the Meat." No donair. But he remembered me and I got a fare tonight. A good one. Then there is these kids, West Enders. Upper, Upper, Upper Middle class. Those kids are going to put my kid through College. Thanks. I also have a group of girls I've been driving for a long time. I don't think they read the blog but they love my taxi rides. I enjoy them as well. They've been my fares almost two years. Wouldn't be here without them. I also got a fare from a girl, someone visiting her. It was an awesome ride. The dude paid me in American money. Thanks Oklahoma. THere was this one guy, he was a flag. He got in and he remembered me. He was like " I know you." When people say that to me I tell them "I was good wasn't I." People always smile when I say that. Turns out one of my first ever clients, introduced us. I've driven so many people. I love it. Even the guy from last night, the guy who threw up on the girl even he e-mailed me and thanked me. Maybe there was a reason that girl liked him so much. What I'm trying to say is, do it (live life) cause you love it. Hopefully the money will come. And If you really love it you'll be fine cause the people around will feel it too. Right now is the time of the survival of the fittest. Darwin was an economist. Mutations. But don't bite, lick. Nurture.

No comments: